Although the inaugural CXC Marathon Cup series wrapped up only a few weeks ago after the Great Bear Chase in Calumet, MI, it’s already time to start planning for the 2017 CXC Marathon Cup series!
CXC wants to open the invitation to any event organizer who would like to attend the CXC Marathon Cup Committee Meeting, April 22-24 in Hayward, WI, hosted by the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation.
The meeting’s agenda will be focused around the CXC Marathon Cup, sharing best practices in cross country ski event operations, marketing and promotions. All event organizers are encouraged to attend, no matter if your event is big or small!
Friday, April 22 – Arrival and road bike ride.
Saturday, April 23 – Meetings followed by a mountain bike ride.
Sunday, April 24 – Meetings and departure after lunch.
1. CXC Marathon Committee formation and selection of the committee chairman
2. 2016-2017 CXC Marathon Cup Schedule
3. 2017-2018 CXC Marathon Cup Schedule Draft
4. Point system review and potential changes to increase participation
5. Attracting new clubs and teams to participate
6. Promoting inclusion of masters membership categories to youth/junior local club and teams
7. Sponsorship – sharing best practices
8. Race promotion techniques
9. Trail grooming for racing
10. Comp entries – sharing best practices
11. Open Discussion
*For further information regarding the CXC Marathon Cup Committee Meeting, contact Yuriy Gusev or call 608.334.6814