The Mayors Challenge race will be held this coming weekend at Theodore Wirth Park in Minneapolis, MN.
Currently the course is in good condition but with the expected warm temperatures the rest of the week, schedule changes are likely. It is imperative that athletes and parents refer to the website for up to date information. Our organizing committee has back up plans in place so that the best quality experience can be had.
This is the final USSA Junior National Qualifier for the Midwest region and the Midwest Junior National team will be announced following competition on Sunday. All participants are required to have a USSA license to participate (ages u16 and up).
Day licenses are available at www.ussa.org. Day of registration will not be available. All participants are expected to review the registration list (posted on Wednesday) to confirm their registration information is accurate.
The course will be closed to recreational skiing before and during competition.
- Both Saturday and Sunday starts have been moved up, and the Youth SkiX start has been moved to 9 am on Saturday.
- Saturday’s sprint race has been changed to classic technique. SkiX is still Freestyle.
- The 83% pole height rule for classic races will be in-effect and enforced for athletes ages u20-u16. For questions please visit http://www.fis-ski.com/cross-country/news-multimedia/news/article=maximum-classic-technique-poles.html
- Official start lists are subject to change due to weather and course conditions. Please visit www.loppet.org for up to date information.
- A coaches meeting will be held on Friday Night @ 6:00pm and Saturday night at 4:00pm at Theodore Wirth Park Race Headquarters.
For event questions please contact Mike Bono at firstname.lastname@example.org