- Depart Friday, November 16, 2018
- Return Sat. November 24, 2018
Over the years, West Yellowstone, Mont. has become the central focal point for early season training.
Junior and senior athletes and coaches are invited to take part in the CXC Nordic On-Snow Ski Camp and Festival in West Yellowstone November 16-24 to kickoff the season.
The training camp is open to U16, U18, U20 athletes and coaches. It is limited to 22 participants and is expected to fill.
The focus of the camp will be early season transition to snow, building on technique and strength through the week.
The in depth program includes a seven days on snow on the famous Rendezvous Ski Trails in West Yellowstone, plus skiing in Yellowstone National Park.
The camp will be led by CXC Sport Development Director Joe Haggenmiller along with coaches Bruce and Karen Manske.
“It’s a huge benefit to get on snow early,” advised Haggenmiller. “That on snow prep you can do in November will pay huge dividends all season long. You’ll enter our Midwest snow season in December a step ahead of everyone else.”
The camp takes place during the Yellowstone Ski Festival, a sport ritual for over 30 years. The Festival takes place during Thanksgiving week featuring a series of ski clinics, cross country and biathlon races, the On Snow Gear Demo, an Indoor Ski Show and a variety of presentations and classes.
A complete travel package is available from CXC departing Duluth on Friday, November 16 and returning Saturday, November 24. The package includes bus transportation from Duluth, six nights lodging with breakfast (based on four per room), seven days on snow with ski passes, participation in Yellowstone Ski Festival activities and more. The total package is $800 per person. Participants should plan on around $135 out of pocket for additional personal expenses.
Registration is now open at https://cxcskiing.wufoo.com/forms/yellowstone-camp/.
To register, complete the Medical Information Form and make either a full payment or $250 down.
Reservations are on a first come basis and due by September 25. Full payment is due October 15.
YELLOWSTONE TRIP FEE DETAILS
Included in the $800.00 fee:
- Charter Bus departure from Duluth (MN) at 4:00 PM on Friday, November 16
- Breakfast en route to Yellowstone at Perkins included
- Skiing by 3:30 PM on Saturday November 17 – Rendezvous Ski Trails
- Six Nights hotel lodging, includes breakfasts
- Based on four persons per hotel room
- Four evening meals, including a Thanksgiving Dinner
- Seven days on snow, including coached sessions and distance ski sessions
- Ski Pass for the Rendezvous Ski Trails
- Skiing in Yellowstone National Park
- Participation in Yellowstone Ski Festival activities and expos
- Charter Bus departure from Yellowstone at 4:00 PM on Friday, November 23
- Arrival in Duluth (MN) at 4:00 PM on Saturday, November 24
The Additional Yellowstone Trip Fees & Details
The $135.00 cost is additional money you will need to bring with you for food and snacks that are not included in the trip fee:
- Two evening meals, your choices at area restaurants;
- Seven lunches; we will stop at the grocery store, and you will have a refrigerator in your hotel room, plus an area at the hotel for food preparation & dining.
Additional Possible Costs to Athletes and Coaches:
- Travel to and from Duluth (MN) (if not on a charter bus)
- Single or double hotel rooms, souvenirs and special event fees.
Trip Limit 25 Athletes and Coaches
- Complete Online Registration and Trip Waiver
- Print and Complete the Medical Information Form
- Full Payment or $250.00 down payment REQUIRED to reserve a spot
- Down payments are non-refundable
- Reservations due by September 25, 2018
- Full payment due by October 15, 2018
- Reservations are on a first come / first serve basis