- Depart Friday, November 22, 2019
- Return Sunday, December 1, 2019
Over the years, West Yellowstone, Mont. has become the central focal point for early season training.
Junior athletes and coaches are invited to take part in the CXC Nordic On-Snow Ski Camp and Festival in West Yellowstone November 22-December 1 to kickoff the season.
The training camp is open to U16, U18, U20 athletes and coaches. It is limited to 16 athlete participants and is expected to fill.
The focus of the camp will be early season transition to snow, building on technique and strength through the week.
The in-depth program includes van transportation from Duluth or Madison, eight days on snow on the famous Rendezvous Ski Trails in West Yellowstone, plus skiing in Yellowstone National Park.
The camp will be led by CXC Sport Development Director Joe Haggenmiller along with CXC JDP coach Marshal Landrum.
“It’s a huge benefit to get on snow early,” advised Haggenmiller. “The on snow prep you can do in November will pay huge dividends all season long. You’ll enter our Midwest snow season in December a step ahead of everyone else.”
The camp takes place during the Yellowstone Ski Festival, a sport ritual for over 30 years. The Festival takes place during Thanksgiving week featuring a series of ski clinics, cross country and biathlon races, the On Snow Gear Demo, an Indoor Ski Show and a variety of presentations and classes.
A complete travel package is available from CXC departing Duluth or Madison on Friday, November 12 and returning Sunday, December 1. The package includes van transportation from Duluth, Madison or a pick up en route, nine nights lodging with complimentary continental breakfasts (based on 3-4 per room), eight days on snow with ski passes, seven dinners at the Three Bear Restaurant, participation in select Yellowstone Ski Festival activities, a chance to race and more. The total package is $990 per person. Participants should plan on around $150 out of pocket for additional personal expenses.
Registration is now open at https://cxcskiing.wufoo.com/forms/yellowstone-camp/.
To register, complete the required forms and make either full payment or $250 down.
Reservations are on a first come basis and due by October 31. Full payment is due November 10.
YELLOWSTONE TRIP FEE DETAILS
Included in the $990 fee:
- Van transportation to and from West Yellowstone
- Overnight hotel stays with Breakfast en route to/from Yellowstone
- Skiing by 3:30 PM on Saturday November 23 – Rendezvous Ski Trails
- 7 Nights hotel lodging in West Yellowstone, includes breakfasts
- Based on three-four persons per hotel room
- Seven evening meals, including a Thanksgiving Dinner
- Eight days on snow, including coached sessions and distance ski sessions
- Ski Pass for the Rendezvous Ski Trails
- Skiing in Yellowstone National Park
- Participation in select Yellowstone Ski Festival activities and expos
The Additional Yellowstone Trip Fees & Details
The $150.00 cost is additional money you will need to bring with you for food and snacks that are not included in the trip fee:
- Meals en route;
- Seven lunches; we will stop at the grocery store, and you will have a refrigerator in your hotel room, plus an area at the hotel for food preparation & dining.
Additional Possible Costs to Athletes and Coaches:
- Travel to and from Duluth or Madison
- Single or double hotel rooms, souvenirs and race entry/special event fees.
Trip Limit 16 Athletes
- Complete Online Registration and Trip Waiver
- Print and Complete the Medical Information Form
- Full Payment or $250.00 down payment REQUIRED to reserve a spot
- Down payments are non-refundable
- Reservations due by October 31, 2019
- Full payment due by November 1, 2019
- Reservations are on a first-come / first serve basis
Before you come to camp please complete and sign on-line
- 1. Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
- 2. Medical Release and Permission Form
- 3. Photo Release