Central Cross Country Skiing (CXC) is pleased to offer Coaches Education Clinics again this fall. The clinics are half day or full day clinics for coaches to either get the field work component in for Level 100 US Ski & Snowboard Certification or to get US Ski and Snowboard Continuing Ed to supplement their Level 100 and/or 200 Education and brush up on their knowledge of the sport.
10 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years is recommended/required by US Ski and Snowboard.
Attendees will get credit from US Ski and Snowboard for attendance at these clinics if they’re current with their membership.
This fall, most clinics will also offer the Level 100 in the field technique session required for certification.
All coaches should continue to learn, these clinics are meant to facilitate the learning about our great sport both through the information presented and networking with other participants.
Each clinic will cover the same topics, but will be a bit unique in that the material may be tailored to each particular clinic and its attendees. The format of each particular clinic is dependent upon the hosting facility and time available. Each clinic session will also welcome and encourage follow up questions. These Q&A sessions may also add an important component to the knowledge shared in any particular session.
PRIMARY TOPICS FOR SESSIONS THIS FALL ARE:
– Level 100 in the field technique clinic (can be audited by those already certified)
– CXC Updates
– Development pipeline presentation
– Equipment priorities for developing JR/HS skier presentation/discussion
– Technique overview, fundamentals and video review from recent World Cups.
Depending on the desires of each host, these topics may be supplemented by our clinic presenters and/or our hosts.
THE SCHEDULE THIS FALL WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
1) One-Day Coaches Ed Clinic on Saturday, September 14th starting at 9 am at the Finn Sisu Ski Shop
Address: 2436 Larpenteur Ave W, Lauderdale, MN 55113
2) One-Day Coaches Ed Clinic on Sunday, September 15th at the CXC Center of Excellence (COE)
Address: 718 Post Rd, Madison (WI) 53713
3) Duluth/Northern MN area (TBD)
4) Upper Peninsula of Michigan area (TBD)
Each site will need to have a minimum number preregister to cover the costs of sending our presenters to each area.
- Cost for the clinic with out Level 100 certification will be $50 for CXC/U.S. Ski & Snowboard Coaches, Club Volunteer Members, or other appropriate CXC members. We may also have a swag item for those who preregister.
- Cost for a clinic including Level 100 Certification is $100 (does not include US Ski and Snowboard/CXC Coach membership).
If getting certified, here are the necessary steps to take prior to coming to the clinic:
- Obtaining US Ski and Snowboard/CXC Coach membership ($165)
- Reviewing Level 100 online course materials
If getting certified, further work also includes:
- CPR/First Aid Certification ($ varies, depending on provider)
Joe Haggenmiller | Sport Development Director
Central Cross Country Skiing