Central Cross Country Skiing (CXC) is pleased to roll out Coaches Supplemental Clinics this fall. The clinics are half day +/- clinics for coaches to supplement their Level 100 and/or 200 Education and brush up on their knowledge of the sport.
All coaches should continue to learn, these clinics are meant to facilitate the learning about our great sport both through the information presented and networking with other participants.
Each clinic will cover the same topics, but will be a bit unique in that some clinics will be only lecture/presentation and some may be lecture/presentation and participation in the field. The format of each particular clinic is dependent upon the hosting facility and time available. Each clinic session will also welcome and encourage follow up questions. These Q&A sessions may also add an important component to the knowledge shared in any particular session.
PRIMARY TOPICS FOR SESSIONS THIS FALL ARE:
– What we can learn from Norwegian “Red Cord” – Use of TRX style straps in strength training;
– An overview/reminder of how training works and the importance of recovery;
– Technique Overview, Fundamentals and Video review from recent World Cups;
– Race Day Routines and the importance of a well packed backpack for both training and racing;
Depending on the desires of each host, these topics may be supplemented by our clinic presenters and/or our hosts.
THE SCHEDULE THIS FALL WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
– Chaska Clinic – September 9
– Central WI Clinic – September 16-17
– Traverse City – October 8
– Duluth – October 28-29
Each site will need to have a minimum number preregister to cover the costs of sending our presenters to each area.
Cost will be $35 for CXC/U.S. Ski & Snowboard Coaches, Club Volunteer Members, or other appropriate CXC members. We may also have a swag item for those who preregister.
Joe Haggenmiller | Director of Athletics
Central Cross Country Skiing
Community Olympic Development Program